Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Ocean in Me

There's a trait the women in my mom's family share
and that is
the love of the ocean.
allthecolors.tumblr.com
 
When my children were small
and we lived in
Southern California,
we were at the beach nearly
every Saturday
all summer long.
 
Since moving to the
Northern Nevada desert
almost eleven years ago,
I have experienced periods of great
melancholy due to a servere longing
for the ocean.
 
Summer is the most difficult time for me
living in the blasted -
I mean -
blessed-
desert
(ha)!
 
And with summer quickly  approaching,
that deep longing,
the wretched ache,
has begun.
 
 
Via Nicole Lucas-Waddell
 
And though I have learned not to dwell
on the things that I cannot change,
there is part of me that
wants
to
dwell
upon this longing for
 the ocean.
 
Because for me,
the ocean is Nirvana.
And it's time to go back!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every life is a Journey.
Comments and conversations are welcome.
We all have thoughts, ideas and perspectives.
I respect yours and thank you for respecting mine.