Friday, July 18, 2014

Finding Laughter

I love a good laugh.
It's good for the heart;
good for the soul.
 
Indeed, I feel better
after a good laugh,
 
 
 
Sadly,
laughter doesn't come easily for me.
I guess
I'm too serious & introspective
so
I laugh far too little.
 
And I've observed, lately,
 that few people
actually do laugh these days.
 
You may be thinking,
"Lady, you're nuts.
People laugh all the time."
 
Yeah,
but I'm not talking about
cynical or ironic laughter
OR
laughter at the expense of others.
 
I'm talking about
genuine,
deep,
joyous,
racous,
belly
laughter;
laughter for the fun
of laughing.
 
 
 
 
Yeah,
I don't know where
laughter has gone,
but I'm gonna find it!


2 comments:

  1. It's been so long since I've laughed that kind of laugh. A laugh like that releases all kinds of pent up energy. It's kind of like a cleanse for the soul. When you find what makes you laugh like that, I hope you share it with me. :) My wish for you is plenty of laughter and many blessings this weekend sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I do I'll definitely share!
      Thank you sweet woman <3

      Delete

Every life is a Journey.
Comments and conversations are welcome.
We all have thoughts, ideas and perspectives.
I respect yours and thank you for respecting mine.