Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Doubly Blessed

Yesterday I shared about a woman who had
 an impact upon my life with her simple kindness.
She was an active part of my life for a few months
but we didn't really know each other all that well.
But every time I think of her,
I pray for an extra blessing in her life
and I will never forget her.
 
After I finished that post,
I realized that I couldn't write about her
without sharing about another beautiful woman in my life.
 
She was a good friend to my mom and before she left
(passed away), I know that this wonderful woman
promised mom that she would
"look after" me.
 
We met her several years ago and it was "friendship at first sight".
She (and her husband) quickly became
an every day part of our lives;
 a part of our family and has remained so
ever since.
 
As my "other mom" she is faithful in keeping me and my family
in her thoughts and prayers, faithful with her kindness and encouragement,
faithful with her resources and energy.
She knows, truly, what it is to be a friend.
 
And like Donna, Elaine has had an eternal impact upon me.
I have been doubly blessed.
 
 
Often times we shy away from opportunities to show kindness
because we don't feel as if we have the time or energy that it requires.
 
We cannot be all things to all people,
but we can be that small thing to that one person.
 
Whether it's a passing kindness or a
decades long relationship,
we all have a part to play in the lives of others.
 
We each choose whether to act upon those opportunites for kindess,
or not.
 
Imagine what it would be like if, indeed, we each chose
to act upon every opportunity for kindness.
 
Truly,
we would change the world.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every life is a Journey.
Comments and conversations are welcome.
We all have thoughts, ideas and perspectives.
I respect yours and thank you for respecting mine.